Saturday, March 17, 2007

Hello All!

Hey Jason, I love to see you do the chicken dance, but felt that a change was needed.. Keep doing it bud, you look good! Well, by my calculations if 1.7 of us “new posters” post a picture and tell what we’ve been doing each week till July 28th, we will all be caught up and can really party in July! I know its cool to have the surprise effect at the time we see each other then, but wouldn’t it be better to be able to really connect and have all the preliminaries out of the way.... Thank you Dave, Michelle and Tobi for getting this all started here on “the blog”... Well, where do I start? Life has been an experience I guess. Didn’t turn out like I thought it would, but I have 2 great kids and love life... I went to BYU ( a mistake) for a year and did exactly what I said I wouldn’t do... Get married - AND before all of you, i think! What was I thinking???? Cathy, you could have sent some cold air down from Edmonton to cool me off and get me thinking right!! Anyways, Melissa was down in Provo at the time and was going to a dental assisting school, so I joined her.. Marcia was born 16 years ago and John about 2 years later. They really are great and I am very proud of them.. We moved from SLC to Phoenix about 13 yrs ago and I have been here since.. I got divorced in 2004. I just passed the anniversary of living in the US longer than I had lived in Canada...love both places, but maybe someday I’ll join some you back in The Prairies, own a little farm and ride my dad’s horses... But for now, I’m here till the kids are out of school... Which isn’t much longer... I have worked in the dental field most of the 20 years since high school, but did get my real estate license and worked in New Home sales for a bit.. Liked the job, but the hours were so terrible I returned to the same job I had been at before - the people I work with are like a family to me, so it was like coming home. I still have my license and do some real estate on the side - so it is a fun balance. I have a dated a very good guy for the last two years and time will tell what is in store for us. Well, that’s about it. You can check out some old school photos and some of my family at http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/marydavies_2007/. Let’s keep the posting going, so whoever feels so inclined please do so soon! Love you all. Oh, and hey, Happy St. Patricks Day!! Mary

13 comments:

Terri said...

Hi Mary,

Sounds like you are busy. Mind you who isn't when have children and a job and then there are all the extras they like to do as well. Your children look great, they look like you. I am looking forward to seeing you this summer, are your kids coming? My Mom had said that she thought she saw your daughter up in Magrath last summer. By the way I couldn't get into you photo bucket, maybe Dave could post a link here, what do you say Dave? Take care Mary, love ya.

babyandi said...

Mary, what a great pic of your kids! The photobucket pics are great also, hair is longer now. But still look the same just older and wiser. Sometimes we make mistakes in life, but look at the family you have!!! See you in July.

Jason Wilde said...

Holy cow! they look fabulous. i dig finding pieces of you in their faces.

happy to read your post. i'll really miss seeing you this summer.

take care --jason.

Michelle Dudley said...

You already know that I think your kids are gorgoues and that you are amazing (and gorgeous, of course). I love your matter-of-fact way of speaking. Always did. Love you.

Michelle Dudley said...

I need to learn to edit before I hit "publish." Gorgeous.

Cathy said...

Holy Cow! The kids have changed alot in 8 years!!!! Our memories of the visit were Johnny saying "Mom, you smell like a hairy man" with his Jamacan accent! Marcia looks just like you! Looking forward to seeing you and hearing about this man in your life!

Cathy

Melissa said...

Man, Johnny sure has changed! I saw them last March and if Marcia wasn't in that picture I wouldn't have recognized him.
I'm working on making a connection at some dental thing!!
Hope you are doing well. Your guy seemed like a pretty good one when I met him last year. Glad to hear you are back in the dental field.
When you are ready I have a fantastic boss that could use more good employees- I could hook you up! Looking forward to seeing you in July.
Luv ya!
Melissa

Mary said...

Hey everyone, thank you for your comments.. Yes, Terri, my kids are coming up with me. They actually have friends up in Magrath that they look forward to hanging out with. For the past few years they have spent a couple weeks each summer with my mom... Yeah, the hair is definately different.. decided a while ago that it just wasn't a worthwhile battle with him.. but he mentioned that he may cut it for the summer - so he may look different then too!.
Melissa, that would be great to see you at a dental seminar... we do do alot of ortho... and I may seriously be taking you up on the job in about 5-7 years!

Rich said...

Hey cous....so what does that make us, if my uncle is your dad's brother and he is my uncle because he married my mom's sister. That makes Bill Davies from spruce grove both of our first cousins....but what are we?? second cousins or does that once removed thing come in ...what?

Anyway....I enjoyed riding your horses, i wish we could do that again some day. Was it Old Chief and Snowball?

Mary said...

Rich, i'm not sure what it makes us - I think cousins sounds good, so that's what I'll go with! And it was Chief. Oh, and we had Pinky and Comet - great memories for sure. My mom still has 4 horses at home so i plan to go for some rides when I come up to Canada - I plan on being there for a week into August... if you want to go for a ride, let me know.. Cathy, I had forgotten about the Jaimacan "hairy man" thing!! that's hilarious, i'll have to bring it up to Johnny and see if he remembers that... You're absolutely right Heather, I wouldn't trade my kids for anything so I could never consider them a mistake! Have a good night everyone.. hey, where's dave?? is he in Toronto for the show that he is working on?

Dean said...

Hi Mary,
Wow, I hadn’t even read anything, just looked at the picture and I knew they had to be your kids. You daughter looks just like you. You have a great family. You know, your Mom and brother (and countless others) tried to teach me how to play the piano for years when I was little. But, I was being forced to take lessons so I never actually applied myself. I’m not sure if I can even remember what a piano looks like now. Oh well, at least I can look back at it now and laugh at how stubborn I was.
See you this summer.
Dean

Angie said...

Mary,

May I say "WOW" You never stop amazing me. You look great and so do the kids. I am so proud of you for taking charge of your life. It is not an easy task to take on. Life changes constantly, with many surprises around the corners. I can not wait to see you this summer. It will be fun. Always love ya!

Angie

Tobi said...

Mary, your daughter looks just like you. Your kids look like they are awesome. You look like you are a fun Mom for them. See you in July. Also, I am working on posting....