Friday, January 26, 2007

Patti's life

I should be able to sum up the last 20 years of my life quite quickly here. Let's see, graduated from high school. Attended the U of L and then the U of C, graduated with a B.Ed. in 1993, when a person couldn't get a teaching job to save their life. I moved to Regina, SK (what was I thinking?) and got married. Spent the next 8 years raising my ex-husbands kids and working part-time at various menial jobs (tuxedo store, catering company, answering service and WalMart) to supplement the family income. Moved back to Lethbridge in 1999 and divorced in 2001. Started working at Williams Moving and Storage in 2000, where I am still presently employed as the office manager.
This past Christmas I got engaged to be married to the nicest guy I have ever known and who happens to also work at Williams as a Class 1 driver/Van foreman/furniture mover. See photo above. We bought a house last fall and are having the best time ever planning and doing some renovations. I am attending LCC part time in the Business Program with hopes of moving on to bigger and better things (mostly bigger paycheque!). I have 2 cats, no kids, and Albert plans to get some sort of miniature dog this spring.
And that pretty much sums up main events in my life for the past 20 years. All the plans being made sound great and I look forward to this July's Magrath Days!

12 comments:

Michelle Dudley said...

Hooray - I am so glad you wrote! What a great pic. I am looking forward to seeing you this summer

Maryse said...

Hi Patti! You got my message. You guys look happy. Congrats on the engagement. I'm happy for you. Sign up for the moonlight run in March and I'll see you there!
Maryse

Rich said...

Nice to hear from you Patti. I think the last time I saw you after high school you were walking by a construction site by the WoodWards mall that I was working on and all the guys started to whistle. Then you approached the fence and started talking with me. You were all dressed up in business attire or something and looked really good....so of course I was the most popular guy that day as I had to answer questions all day about you....I may have made a few things up....you know all good though. Nice Pic! See you this summer.

Anonymous said...

Hi All!
Maryse said: "Sign up for the moonlight run in March and I'll see you there"

Sorry Maryse, I think I would rather eat sand.

I finished the running program (where were you??) and keep trying to run 5K faithfully but it just didnt make it into my blood yet. It is more like torture. Do you runners really truly enjoy running? Am I missing something here?

Rich, I don't remember that, glad you do, doubly glad that the things you made up were good things!

Tobi said...

You look awesome Patti, glad to hear that things are going ok. I love your comment about eating sand. My comment for things like that is I would rather poke pins in my eyes. I'm glad to have learned another catchy saying. Running seems painful for the first few months but gets better. You can do it!

Terri said...

Congrats, on your engagement and finding love and happiness. Sounds like you are keeping busy. See you in July.

Anonymous said...

Glad you haven't changed 1 iota, congrats on your engagement. I know you'll be happy. Can't wait to see you 2.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Patti!
Hey did we actually do any work that summer "spraying weeds"?! I really don't remember working...well, ok, I guess that we did spend alot of time working.....on our tan!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,

You read my mind about the tan...I recall a field that was more wild oats than whatever grain it was supposed to be and at our break we were all closing out eyes and saying how all we could see was wild oats....or do you remember pulling, cutting and bagging THISTLES? I do, I pulled thorns out of my runners for months after that...so we did work, in between taking naps on the hood and roof of that crappy old truck getting our tans!!!

Tobi said...

Did I do the weed thing the same summer as you and Melissa? I can't believe we haven't had three eyed babies after working with those chemicals. The only good thing about that job was getting home at 2, having a tasty nap and getting on with summer stuff. Who else was a weed girl?

Anonymous said...

Weed girls? That is funny. Yes Tobi, that was the same summer. There was you and I and Melissa and Heather and Renee M and Michelle's sister Monique. The year before I think I worked with Michelle and some older girls.

Having lunch down at the dock was probably the best part of all

Mary said...

Patti, You look great! And happy! Good for you. Yes, congratulations on the engagement. I wish you and your soon-to-be hubby much joy and contentment now and in the future. It will be good to see you in the summer.. :-)