Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Where's the picnic?

Everyone seems to agree, no teachers at the dinner. We'll just invite them to the picnic. I guess because they're a part of my daily life I didn't really think that it would be a little awkward at the dinner, but I can totally see how it would be now. Thanks for everyone's input. Michelle brought up a good point about the picnic. If we have it behind the school our kids can still participate in the kids races and play at the park. It is fun to see everyone who's around for the weekend walking around after the parade. However, I agree with Tobi. I would rather have the picnic at Angie's where it is a little more private. Maybe we could meet in Angie's backyard after the kids races. That would give those that want to walk around a bit and visit the time to do so. If we did it at Angie's I could make my famous (to my family) loose meat sandwiches and everyone else bring potluck salad & desert, or we could just have everyone bring thier own picnic for thier own family. What does everyone think? Maryse

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like loose meat.

Tobi said...

Sounds great Maryse - I was thinking that we would go to Angie's more in the early afternoon (3ish??)rather than right after the parade - then there is lots of time to visit but the evening is open for people.

Michelle Dudley said...

Ditto - for the most part. Maryse -we would add the cost of meat/rolls into the reunion cost. We could provide drinks and people could bring the side-dishes, like yous suggested. I think it sounds like a gret idea - Angie willing....

Angie said...

Angie is fine with whatever everyone decides for the picnic. My farm is open to everyone. There is lots of room for the kids and parents.

Anonymous said...

The idea works for me!!

Anonymous said...

Maryse please check with your photo post as theres a message for you, chicky-poo!!!!