Saturday, February 17, 2007

I am putting up some pictures for everyone to see. These pictures of us were taken in Mexico in January 2007, where we went to the Mayan Riveria with friends. We did some zip lining, repelling and snorkeling in underwater caves. We had a blast! Next time we are thinking Costa Rica. I also have pictures of my two precious children, who seem to take up alot of my time with extra curricular activities. That's why we had a holiday in Mexico without them, sometimes I need a break from being them Mom. Trace and I have been together now for 17 years, 13 married. Everything is going pretty well, except for dealing with my mom in the hospital since October. I am now looking at having to put her in a home. It is the hardest thing I have to do in my life. I never thought this is something I would have to do, I always thought she just would die in her sleep one day. I guess life doesn't always work out like you hope. My dad died in January 2001, and we moved onto the farm in December 2001, to take care of my mom. It has been awesome to be this close to her. My kids have had the joy of both grandparents close. Trace's parents live only 5 mins away. I have been subbing at the school as a teacher's aide, I have worked full time in January and February. I am suppose to be done here at end of February, the aide I am working for should be back. It has been interesting working full time. Trying to keep up with the house, cooking, kids, and my mom has been a challenge. It should get better, hockey will be done at end of February, and that is one less thing to run too. My daughter Alexa is in Grade 3 this year, and Karsen is in grade 1. My kids stay busy, Alexa has piano, ballet and judo. Karsen has piano and hockey. Anyone who is a hockey mom knows how busy it can be. Trace helps out when he is home, and no working late hours. Don't know what else to tell you for now. Can't wait to see everyone in July. I think it should be fun. Everyone is welcome to my house at anytime. We have lots of room here on the farm, and lots of lawn to play on. See you all soon. Angie Kern Vayro Hey Angie... you pictures went missing... I had to fix your post. If you can, create a photobucket and i'll add it to the links dave

8 comments:

Terri said...

Kids are great, they sure help to keep us young with all the extra's they like to do, beautiful kids Angie. Looking forward to seeing you in July. Are you doing the triathlon in Magrath this year?

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

You have beautiful children and it sounds like you have alot keeping you busy. My niece Melody remarked one day after talking to you that you are one of the busiest women she knew!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad's death and your mom's illness. Ironically, while I was searching for that photo of Teresa and I, I came across something I had written in Junior High about you. We must have had to write something descriptive about someone and you were my someone. The first thing I wrote was how close you and your Mom were. And to add to that I remember commenting to other girls back then how I admired your close relationship with your Mom.

I watched my Mom deteriorate prior to her death and it has been the hardest and most traumatic thing I have been through. I understand how you feel. One of the things I remember us having in common is our Mom's (older) age. You are such a good daughter for being so attentive to her needs. If you ever want to chat, my e-mail is on my profile. Take care. Patti

Larry said...

Hey Angie

Looking good girl,sorry to here about your dad and your mom.It's
tough I know.I lost my dad in 2001
and my mom in 2003.It gets easer as
time goes by.See you in July.

Anonymous said...

Honey wheres your pic. Sorry to hear about your Mom, shes a awesome lady, post a pic Angie

Michelle Dudley said...

Hey, Angie - great pics. I saw them before they disapeared. You are a busy gal. I can only imagine how hard it is to watch your mom age. How lucky she is to have you nearby. How lucky for you both. I look forward to seeing you.

Rich said...

Hey Angie, it was fun bumping into you this past week-end....nice to see you doing so well!

Drianne said...

I'll thought about you so many times and I just never have gotten of my butt to give you a call. Sorry about that! We haven't ran into each other in Walmart for quite awhile.We need to get together!Not in Walmart!!I will give you a call sometime soon.

Tobi said...

Ang - glad to hear some one is keeping Magrath alive. Great looking family, kids keep you so busy its insane at times, what am I saying, its insane all the time. See you soon.