Friday, July 6, 2007

New Reading Material

I'm not sure if anyone checks this blog out anymore, but I thought I'd make one last update before the big Hoo Rah is a few weeks. I have emailed most of you and called some of you. Other's have mysteriously changed their telephone numbers since I last contacted them. Though I think I won't take it personally! Big news! Carrie Harris heard about this somehow and called up David. Or emailed him. I really should take notes when I discuss these things. She is a specialized pediatric nurse, I believe, in a hospital in Calgary. I think she is going back to school to become a physician. Ask David about her when you see her. She wishes she could come down to the reunion, but she is working that weekend. Hmmm, who else. Brad Beck - nearly impossible to contact. I do have two numbers and his phone was once answered by a nameless female, but I have never had the good fortune of speaking with him. I will give his mom the information and maybe, just maybe, he'll show up. I was sort of hoping he and Michael Aackland would be able to come - it would feel like old times. If we were ever sitting in a classroom in alphabetical order, it was Aackland, Baril, Beck. In fact, I still have a box that Brad made in Mr. Ririe's woodshop class. He gave it to me one day after school and I can't believe I saved it after all these years. It has some of my old 80's jewelry and other treasures from the past - though, what I really wish I saved were the notes that we all passed back and forth - now those would be worth something! I did talk to Chris Pilling the other day. He is doing well and sends his best and said to say hello. He was just in Magrath for a family wedding and didn't think he'd make it up for Magrath days. Though the thought of riding on a float was somewhat appealing.... Just in case the Colin Yeh that I found in Honk Kong, who looked suspiciously like the Colin that we knew and loved, was the real original deal, I sent him the information to the reunion. He says it isn't him, but I really wish it was. It would be great to see him again. Send positive thoughts out into the universe; maybe the real Colin will find us! Martha, Renee, Doug...I don't know. I have tried. I really have. I have the phone bill to prove it. Send more universe thoughts. And in case any of you addicts out there need a new habit, Dave set us on to the stunningly addictive Facebook. Check it out and join the group MHS Rules. We stumbled onto Mr. Steven Brockway. Man...technology is cool So, till later. Hope you've enjoyed your little update. Oh, and don't forget to RSVP to Tobi - number over on the sidebar. Make it snappy - she needs to get the numbers in to the chefs...or someone. Ciao

10 comments:

Jason Wilde said...

Good job, Michelle.

You're efforts have been exceptional and I for one am grateful for your probing and borderline stalking efforts. I'm still giggling about the guy in China thing.

Really,though - thanks.

Jason

Michelle Dudley said...

Stalking - a little frightening, eh. It's like a dog with a bone...! Really though, I just wanted everyone to know that I thought of them and made a good effort in fnding them. And I'm a nice stalker. I promise I'll throw everyones email addresses and phone numbers away.;)

How are you???? Countdown begins! What are the top 5 things to do when you get home?

Wish you could be there - who will pull my car out of the ditch - if that should happen again?

Jason Wilde said...

You really should be commended for your contribution. It looks to have been grueling at times. I would have given up at the outset, I'm afraid. So again, kudos.

I'm fine, thanks. A little better since my last entry. Sorry again, this place has a strange affect on my moods.

Yup, almost time to get up outta h'yah. I haven't had time to make a list yet. I'm gonna have to give that some serious thought, but I think after squeezing my family; I'm gonna go find my friends and pull them outta ditches.

Take care, see you soon. --Jason

Angie said...

You did an absolutely fabulous job Michelle. You have suceeded where others would have failed. Thank you so much, you are awesome.


Angie

Terri said...

This is great, look how many people you have been able to get in touch with and fill us all in. Thank you Michelle. I have enjoyed reading everyones write ups, comments and inputs. We need to stay more intouch with eachother, I don't know, but maybe this blog might be a good thing to continue after the reunion. What do you think, how does everyone feel about that?

Michelle Dudley said...

Really, I just write these updates so people will praise me and I will feel appreciated. Thanks you guys - you are too nice. Even though Jason thinks I am a stalker!
Which, after further examination, it appears that I may have crossed the line.

Unknown said...

What the hell is this line everyone keeps talking about. There's a line??? where??? I must have missed it. I just thought kids were dicking around I didn't know it meant anything.

what are the rules about this line anyway. am I not supposed to go past it of should I have everyone join me on the other side. Is it to keep out the undesirables or keep the bad people in? When do yo know if you are on the right or the wrong side of the line???

I think I'll jst say what I like and apologize after. or maybe I won't....


apologize.

The reunion is gonna be fun. Jason you are going to have fun too. You know I'll take care of that.

Michelle Dudley said...

I was just kidding about the line David - but if you want to break the barrier of what is suggested appropriate contact, be my guest. We'll all join you on the other side!

However, if the supposed Colin Yeh comes to the reunion, I expect you all to behave yourselves and please don't tell him I'm a stalker.

Jason Wilde said...

Dave: That's what I'm talking about Brother.

Michelle: OK, OK, you're not a stalker - sheesh! You're just super efficient at finding people that ran away from us 20 years ago never to be heard from again - some of them in far off lands - totally not a stalker.

On another note, we're looking for a guy around here named Mullah Poopoolah - just need to speak with him about some of his more explosive accomplishments since high school. Now, he didn't technically graduate with us, but don't let that distract you. Can you help a brotha out?

Michelle Dudley said...

I'm on it. As long as you've got my back on this one!